WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Under NH Law and MCDOC policy, an inmate cannot legally consent to sexual contact with anyone while incarcerated.
- An inmate can have NO sexual contact with another inmate, MCDOC staff, volunteers, and/or contractors.
- It is never appropriate for MCDOC staff, volunteers, etc to make sexual advances or comments, or to engage in sexual contact with an inmate. Including those persons under the supervision of Community Corrections.
ALL REPORTED INCIDENTS WILL BE INVESTIGATED.
If an inmate you know has been sexually assaulted, subjected to sexual harassment, threatened for sex, promised favors or protection in exchange for sex, please let someone know. To report an incident, you may use any of the following options:
- Contact MCDOC at 603-796-3600.
- Contact Investigator Marc Marchand at the Merrimack County Sheriff’s Office at 603-796- 6600.
- Write or Call the local Crisis Center – Crisis Center of Central New Hampshire at:
P.O. Box 1344, Concord, NH 03302 / 24 hour Crisis Line 1-866-841-6229.
If they are in immediate danger, please speak directly to a staff member or contact the Sheriff’s Office.
To View information specific to the Merrimack County Department of Corrections, see below
MCDOC PREA Audit for 2020.
Survey of Sexual Victimization required by the U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics
Merrimack County Department of Corrections Policy regarding PREA
2022 Aggregated PREA data
If you have any question or would like more information contact Melissa Palelli, PREA Coordinator, at 603-796-3644 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE WANT YOU TO BE SAFE AND WE WILL HELP YOU.