SOAR is Merrimack County’s response to the co-occurring crisis in Merrimack County.
- Based upon the national best practice model
- A systems integrated approach to reducing recidivism in Merrimack County
- Intensive supervision
- Comprehensive case management
- Cognitive behavioral programming
Successful Offender Adjustment and Reentry (SOAR)
Reduce recidivism by preparing inmates to make a successful transition back into the community.
- Target high risk offenders
- Provide criminogenic based in-jail programming
- Link offenders to services
- Collaborate and cooperate with community- based providers
- Provide successful transition to the community
- Reduce recidivism and improve participant quality of life
The Merrimack County Department of Corrections follows the "Step Down Model" as is demonstrated below: